Image via www.Milliken.com
You know Milliken
for our innovative broadloom and modular carpet tile offerings, but did you
know that Milliken is also responsible for developing items such as washable colorants and components used to build tires?
Milliken is an innovation company that has been exploring,
discovering, and creating ways to enhance people’s lives since 1865. Our
community of innovators has developed one of the larger collections of United
States patents held by a private U.S. company. With expertise across a breadth
of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance
materials, we work around the world every day to add true value to people’s
lives, improve health and safety, and make this world more sustainable.
Here are five products you might not have known Milliken
- Colorants in washable markers. These non-staining colorants allow creative messes to be easily cleaned. Learn more.
- Flame resistant fabrics used in military and electrical and plant worker uniforms. In the event of a flash fire or arc incident, the fabric protects the covered areas from burns, reducing injury. Learn more.
- Colorants in laundry detergent. Ever wonder why your laundry detergent is blue but it does not stain your clothes in the wash? Milliken’s non-staining Liquitent® colorant is responsible. Learn more.
- Tire cap ply strips used to help hold shape and maintain stability. MilliCapTM cap ply reduces the amount of resources needed to build tires. It also reduces the amount of fuel consumption in use by three percent. Learn more.
- Clarifiers in plastics. Millad® clarifying agents make polypropylene clearer, making it an even better choice for containers, packaging and other applications which require clear materials, like food packaging or plastic containers to showcase a retail product. Learn more.