‘Tis the season to be in love! Make this Valentine’s Day special by baking a batch of Milliken sugar cookies. It’s an easy and quick recipe that is perfect for the occasion. Forget the boxed chocolate and share your love with a heart-filled recipe from our home to yours.
Here is the recipe for our sugar cookies, created by Milliken Executive Chef Jim McCallister.
- ½ lb. sugar
- 1 lb. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ lb. cake flour
- Dash of each: salt, vanilla, lemon extract, cinnamon
- Mix sugar and butter on speed number 1, but not to a creamy consistency.
- Add salt, vanilla, lemon extract, cinnamon, and eggs.
- Mix briefly then add flour and mix until it just starts to hold together.
- Refrigerate before rolling.
- Roll out sweet dough to 1/8” thickness. Be careful, the dough is very delicate.
- Cut with heart-shaped cutter. Using a smaller heart cutter, cut holes in half of the cookies.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven.
- Cool, then sandwich with raspberry jelly using the cut-out heart for the top. Stencil with confectioner’s sugar.