Now it’s time to really ‘wow’ your guests. Try this delicious Peach Napoleon from Milliken Executive Chef Jim McCallister, and you’re sure to leave a lasting impression!
We hope you enjoyed our summer entertaining series. Cheers and Happy Fourth!
Yields: 8 servings
6 sheets Phyllo dough
1 cup Milk
2 1/2 cups Heavy cream (in all)
5 oz Sugar
6 ea Egg yolks
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 Tbsp Gelatin
1/4 cup Peach schnapps
2 cups Fresh peaches
Pinch of salt
- Mix gelatin with peach schnapps in a large bowl and set aside.
- Layer phyllo sheet with melted butter in between. Bake off phyllo in a 400-degree oven until golden brown. Remove and cool to room temperature.
- Make a sauce anglaise with 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of heavy cream. Bring to boil. Temper eggs, yolks, sugar and vanilla with hot milk return to stove and stir constantly. Do not let it come to a boil. Stir until thick, remove from heat immediately and strain into bowl with gelatin and schnapps.
- Whip the remaining 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream to stiff peaks. Set aside. Stir the sauce anglaise surrounded by ice water occasionally until it begins to get lumpy and the gelatin is beginning to set up. Fold the whipped cream in.
- Sandwich the layers of phyllo with this custard, placing fresh peaches in between. Garnish with melted chocolate or confectioners sugar and fresh fruit.
Share this post: