Through its Carpet Landfill Diversion program, Milliken manages
the diversion process by finding the highest form of recovery, which can
include recycling it into new carpet, downcycling into alternative products or
donating it to charity.
As a founding and active board member of C.A.R.E.
(Carpet America Recovery Effort), Milliken’s Carpet Landfill Diversion Program
ensures all carpet will be handled in the most environmentally friendly ways,
while following all C.A.R.E. guidelines.
Additional sustainability attributes of Milliken floor covering
- Manufactured by a carbon neutral carpet company meeting aggressive
goals, including zero waste, carbon negative and green energy initiatives.
- Certified to NSF 140, SMaRT, Leonardo Academy’s Cleaner and Greener and
CRI Green Label Plus.
- PVC-free for all North American products.
- Certified to ISO 14001 through third party auditing.
- In 2013, Milliken was recognized – for the seventh consecutive year – by
Ethisphere Magazine as one of the “World’s
Most Ethical Companies.”
Share this post: